YDA Trust Purpose
The objects and purposes for which the Trust is established are:
- To promote, assist, and encourage the talents of secondary school pupils in New Zealand in all fields of design.
- To stage and promote a competition for design students attending secondary schools within New Zealand.
- To promote and raise the standard of design in New Zealand education and industry.
- To promote awareness of design as a potential career.
- To develop and promote the concept of International Young Designer Awards competitions for secondary school pupils.
- To apply for and maintain all relevant statutory and other regulatory consents and authorisations to enable the operation of the Trust and the funding of the Trust.
- To raise money by all lawful means and to solicit, receive and enlist financial aid from individuals and organisations and to conduct fundraising campaigns to promote the objectives of the Trust.
- To use the funds of the Trust as the Trustees may consider necessary and proper in the payment of the costs and expenses of the furthering of or carrying out of all of the objects of the Trust or any of them including the employment of counsel, solicitors, accountants, agents, officers and servants as shall appear necessary and expedient.
- To apply the funds of the Trust as the Trustees think fit towards a purpose or purposes within New Zealand other than those referred to above (whether such purpose or purposes relate to the relief of poverty, the advancement of education or religion or any other matter beneficial to the community) which is in accordance with the laws of the Government of New Zealand is or are charitable.
- Generally, to do all such acts, matters and things and to enter into and make such arrangements as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of any of the objects of the Trust.